XSitePro Website Design Software Message Board

The online forum dedicated to XSitePro users. Get help with website design in general and using this popular and incredibly powerful website software
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Artisteer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:52 am 

Hi
Is there anyway you could work with the developers of Artisteer so we could use it in XSitePro. I think it would be fantastic to be able to use it in XSitePro.
You can use it in Wordpress and a lot more, you just develop your theme and then upload it.

Trev

Post subject: Re: Artisteer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:41 pm 

Wow, this post was in 2010 and no responses! Guess that is not going to happen huh? I get what you mean though, other program templates seem to be much better looking than what XSite can do so I see the temptation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:35 am 

artdecor wrote:
Wow, this post was in 2010 and no responses! Guess that is not going to happen huh? I get what you mean though, other program templates seem to be much better looking than what XSite can do so I see the temptation

:) Actually posted 26th November 2011 - however, the XSitePro team do not visit these forums very often. Run by some very capable admins and the focus is to help those using XSitePro the best way all of us can.

Get Paid to Give Away YOBSN Mobile App

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:37 am 

hi all
I think sometimes its a wast of time posting in this section as you never seem to get a reply unless it is something they are interested in, or is it what you have said and the just don't visit this part of the forum. will not bother posting in this part again.
Trev

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:16 am 

Some threads/posts are so far-fetched that they don't get responses. This thread is one of them.

XSite Pro and Artisteer are two very different applications aimed at very different platforms.
There are lots of things Intellimon needs to do to improve the performance and long term viability of XSite Pro.
They certainly could take a look at how Artisteer works (especially the visual design parts for menus, headers, etc.) and get
some ideas for improving XSite Pro.

I use Artisteer mainly for prototyping WordPress websites. I rarely use it for the production site. I don't like the CSS output.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:07 am 

Hi Copywolf
Far fetched to you maybe, to someone else maybe not. But what I am trying to point out is not whether or not those at Intellimon can implement it but what is the point of having a forum if they don't bother reading the posts and giving a reply, even if it is to say that this is to far fetched to put into action.
Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 am 

I would be happy if Intellimon would respond to posts that directly relate to XSite Pro issues, like better CSS support, Image Library, Resource Manager, unlimited Undo/Redo, etc.
They did address my biggest gripe, source code mangling, by adding the <nodesigner> </nodesigner> tags. It only took a couple years.

Now if they would just GET a Design editor that doesn't spew out volumes of unneeded code and a professional grade Source editor....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:46 pm 

Quote:
They did address my biggest gripe, source code mangling, by adding the <nodesigner> </nodesigner> tags. It only took a couple years.

We have had our differences C, but I have always appreciated your satire. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:22 am 

Hello,

Now, starting from 4.0, Artisteer supports Export Plug-ins (http://www.artisteer.com/?p=dev) and it's possible to create either free or commercial Artisteer Plugins to support any CMS.

Thanks,
Bob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 am 

I own Artisteer 3.1 and use it mostly for prototyping. My use of Artisteer has become less frequent as I have built my library of WordPress themes. I have also learned to create my own page templates and plugins with PHP. Still, Artisteer works well for rapidly getting the look and feel down. The main thing that I don't like is the huge CSS file that Artisteer spews out. CSS code is provided for everything, whether or not it is used in the website.

Artisteer provides a lot for the $49.95 price of the base system. Artisteer also creates some really nice navigation menus.

Artisteer has been a nice tool for website design and creation of the website structure. You still had to add the content after the website was built.

The big news with Artisteer 4 is that it now supports creating content. HTML5 and CSS3 are also supported.

I am currently downloading the Artisteer 4.0.0.55648 beta. It will be interesting to check out the content creation tools.